Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mystery Diagnosis * Day 2 *

3 AM we arrived at Seattle Children's and spent the next couple of hours going through everything all over again, and waiting on a room.


We are in his room now and he fell asleep at 530 am  I have had no sleep.

Finally feel asleep about 5:30 am ......I have been up almost 24 hours. DB is heading here soon. I should sleep. .. But it's light out. ....


10 AM: Nathan's fever has been down since we got to Seattle Children's. Just when I thought it might have been a 24 hour virus.... his fever is starting to spike again.

1:30 PM:  Nathan is not going home today because he had another high fever spike. They are really concerned by these high temps (and so are we).... Still no idea what is going on. More tests. More cultures. He is at least sitting up now. He ate a little and so far kept it down.


I had gone up to the gift shop to try to cheer him up.  Got him a Balloon and a Stuffie Horse.... (he named the horse Flameon after a Pokemon I guess) ... took an hour for me to figure out what he was saying with the help of Google and a Pokemon name list!  



4:40 PM:  Doc was just in looking at some stuff.... and Nate is super sore on his right side belly like where his appendix is. Could be sore from constipation (he hasn't pooped since Saturday) .... OR..... maybe we found out what's wrong.... it's probably poop.


6:30 PM:  It's Poop (the Doc thinks) .... they are going to start some stuff to help get things in that department moving ....

This is just titled.......   Isolation .........

6:45 PM ...  He is sleeping. Poor guy's fever started to spike again. Bad coughing. Ugh. Miserable! Crying, Grumpy, argumentative. .. But still himself with his piggies hanging out.

7:30 PM ...  Last night he threw up on me, tonight he peed on me...... I kindly reminded Nathan this is NOT baptize your Mommy week, it's Shark Week and the hospital would frown upon him eating me....

Had to do a complete bed change.....

10:20 PM:  2 hours of sleep .... I am really tired.. Nathan fell asleep at 6:30 but then he had vitals done, temp done, diaper changed and he decided to pee on me, needed a bed change... kinda woke the kid up. 10:30 and he's still awake .



11:55 PM:  Nathan and I both just managed to fall asleep when bam he coughs.... Not even kidding it was just two quick coughs but for whatever reason I shot upright and said "are you okay?" seeing his eyes open looking at me. He yelled "I don't want to throw up!" And I spring up like the bucket grabbing vomit catching superhero I am! He then proceeded to throw up his feed (they tried to start it back up tonight) ..... And he is spiking a fever again. Feeds stopped for the moment. Call into the team. Really wish I knew what the heck was going on!!

It's very clear at this point, we're not just hear for observation anymore........

And just to add in the gross factor........  he leaked all over his bed several times ...... but General Surgery says his Tube is fine........  Gross..........
It looks "FINE" right?

Tune in for * DAY 3 *

No comments: