Saturday, July 26, 2014

Momma has been CREATIVE ...

This covers that last couple of weeks.

 So I got some of his formula and some bags, and an extension, his IV pole and the pump... some gauze... and some tape ...  at the clinic.   This formula is the 1.0 and Nathan is supposed to have the 1.5.... they are sending that with the rest of his supplies.


We stopped at a few garage sales and i got a hole brown paper sack (lunch sack) full of some "scraps" of fabric that I figured I could make some pads and other stuff out of for Nathan.   The last picture, the dinosaur one I picked up at the fabric store - he really wanted a dino pad.

Nate came in to check out to see what I was doing when I started sewing a cover for his pump to dim the light of it though the night (he sleeps in our room right now)

When it was all done....   I think I did a pretty good job!!  All hand sewn ...

These two .... I mean seriously ....   <3 ....  

 Nathan got a new pad ;)


We got supplies this week too ...  bags....
 Other supplies....  his extensions, his extra g-tube tray, gauze, syringes ... formula (the correct formula) ...

We got a drawer system to store all the supplies ....  this is the one with the bags and some formula...
 Gauze ... Extensions.... Syringes  ...

This is the drawer I end up popping out every night ... has his pads in it, all the stuff we use nightly and daily...


 The pad drying line....

When I go to flush his extension - this is what comes out - it's gross :(   So I've been on and off the phone with various people trying to figure out what to do about it ...  and on the message boards...  

So I decided to make a thing to hold some ice packs around the bag of formula...  again, all hand sewn ... 



 Nathan got a Mario Pad ..... his favorite now - HANDS DOWN!


That first bag didn't work so Nana got some new fabric.  She got him this Toy Story material and mom made him a no-sew blanket.  LOL...  

I found an insulated bag we had, cut it to size.  The velcro part was the top of the bag, but I flipped it so it would be on the bottom.  So I'd load up from the bottom.  I left a slit up on the top for the top of the bag, and I sewed handles ...  I then made a bag to go around the insulated one with the handles on top, and full support on the bottom so that the velcro would be supported and not pop open with the weight of the ice pack and the bag of formula.



So then I started to make some more pads....




To my surprise .... instead of the dinosaur one ... he wanted to wear the Blues Clues one....he love Blue too .. a lot ....




No comments: