Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I'm getting crafty! And some updates!

.
A couple days ago, Nathan was NOT feeling well.....  

We piled blankets and comforters and sleeping bags and everything we could find on the side of the bed and then put his little couch thing that turns into a bed on top of that (because that's what he always sleeps on) ...  and this way we can keep an eye on him.  He still has pain and obviously he still isn't feeling well off and on ...  

And seriously .... these two kill me.  They are SO CLOSE......  It kills me how cute they are and how they might not have been born together, but they are my twins...

 Today Nathan got fitted for his new Sure Steps!   Noah got his brace (AFO) adjusted to his new shoes too!
No more pink!  His favorite color went from pink, to blue, and now it's red....  and of course DINOSAURS is the only way to go...  

Then we had to head to Tacoma to Mary Bridge for our follow ups with Neurology and Endocrinology ...

His Neuro appointment went well.  Everything is going well with managing his migraines right now and he hasn't had any new seizure activity (and since he's been in our room the past bit this is good so we can keep an eye on that too) ...     Nathan was having fun making the wheel spin with his feet.

Dear Mary Bridge, When your book shelf is empty .... my child thinks he needs to be a book.....   plus, it's sad.  It's very sad.   Please fill it with some books.   Thank you.

His Endo appt went okay too.   Hasn't been on HGH for MONTHS now because of insurance switch and then pharmacy switch and then insurance not covering the meds he was on switch ...... any other kind of switch we'd like to put out there?   So we think it is all figured out and should FINALLY start up again ... soon....

 So I ordered pads, and they aren't going to get here for awhile.  BOO........  A friend of the family made some flannel pads...... They turned out AWESOME ........

But they don't absorb well.   :(   BOO!    So I had some old cloth diapers I used as burp rags with the kids.   So I cut some circles out of that.



First pad I made.  I hand sew - I don't have a sewing machine ... so ...   This was done quickly, not perfectly ....  I just wanted to see how one would do, absorb and all that....  


And I made a little "clothes line" for drying after I hand wash them!  Ha ...  



No comments: