Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12 ~ Hospitalization Day: 1

Nathan went in for his FOURTH hypospadious surgery.  He was peeing out of three holes this time, and they had to go in and close off the two that opened up - that weren't supposed to.  The parts in quotations, they are my facebook status messages.....

March 11 "Packing up for the hospital. We're supposed to check in by 11:30 tomorrow morning ... Dennis and I need to take our showers tonight so we're all ready to go tomorrow... I got a bunch of laundry to put away too ... did the grocery shopping for the kids that are being left behind (lots of easy stuff for Cal to make for Noah and Kaedyn). Nathan's bath has been done with the stuff I'm supposed to wash him with prior to surgery. Cleaned out my war bag, now I just got to pack that back up. In the morning it'll be packing up laptops, phones, blankets and pillows, and ourselves."

March 12 ... "I'm up ... showered .... gonna get some breakfast in me before Nathan gets up. Get the last minute packing done... Dennis still has to get up, get showered and get something in his bellah before we go. Nathan's check in time in Seattle is at 11:30 this morning, and his surgery time is supposed to start at about 12:45... I'll have my phone with, and I'll probably be instagram'in pictures. Send him good surgery vibes this morning. I'm not sure I'll have internet on my laptop at the hospital. For some reason my laptop doesn't like to connect. So send him good healing vibes and prayers  "

We took the ferry over.  When we got in the car, with all the stuff (suit cases, pillows, blankets, his Mario Bro. bag ... his stuffies - we call his "Fan Club" ... and all the stuff he knows we take to the hospital) ... and he immediately melted down .. IMMEDIATELY ....


We were waiting in the "line" to get on the Ferry ... and he started to cheer up ... because we were getting on the big boat to go across the water, which he likes to do :)

Once we were on the ferry, and it was safe to unbuckle....  this is what happened....

And this happened....

And then we had to buckle back up and it got real.... LOL...  he got mad again ...

We made it to the hospital ... on ... time....  almost late... but literally - on time but without time to spare...

Nathan and I went potty when we got there and of course he had to do this... he would do this all.day.long

"Waiting to be taken back for surgery....."

"Supposed to have surgery at 12:45.... half hour later and no sign of them coming to get him. ...."

Ashley (my cousin, but we call her Auntie) ... she made him this adorable little dino to take with him to the hospital.


 This is how he was for most of the time we waited (and again, surgery started late) ....  with his ear right against the speaker for the TV.... and that's the ear he doesn't really hear out of...

Daddy is all ready to go ... it's FINALLY time....  

"Went back for surgery at about 2:10pm"

"Nathan went back into surgery at 2:10pm (was supposed to start at 12:45) ... and he was done a little after 3 ... everything went well and thank goodness he didn't need a catheter ... YAY!!! My phone died or I would have updated sooner. Still going to be an little bit of an uphill battle like it always is with him, never know how he's going to react after surgery. He's not in his room yet but we are. He is in room RC5.801"

"Nathan has had pudding and some apple juice! YAY!!!!!!!!!"

"Working on our second pudding and asked for some 7-up (Sprite) too.... I'm really tired but I doubt I'll be sleeping much until we get home...."

"Hospital gave Nathan a Sulley! He saw it and yelled. .... he likes Sulley!"


"Sulley is really happy that Nathan is eating pudding and drinking!"


Nathan got some balloons!  He loooooooooved them!!


This is one of those empty pudding cups that he DEVOURED ....

Nathan learned during his LAST hospital stay how to move his bed around...  so now he likes to jack the bed all up to almost a 90 degree angle... LOL...

"This jacked up bed was set this way by Nathan himself. ...."


''Crap. .... Nate pushed it :( nauseated and feeling like he is going to vomit :( not to mention he started to sweat bad. ...."

"Bed is even more jacked up lol. ....I keep trying to tell that maybe laying down will make him feel better but he won't have it. ...."

"Nathan has a cold washcloth on his head and one on his belly right now."

He was miserable ....

"Poor guy is feeling so sick. ..... he finally asleep though. ...he has a washcloth on his head and one on his belly ...."




No comments: