Sunday, March 2, 2014

Created a few new Graphics (MT16, Kangaroo Care)

I created a few new graphics this morning ...

For Noah, for Mosaic Trisomy 16
and


And a series of three for Kanagroo Care Education/Awareness ....   when I was in the NICU with Noah, I had to ASK to Kangaroo Care and then got "training" to do it (I had to watch a video) ... with Nathan, I brought it up right away - DB was trained (he's not Noah's bio-Dad so he wasn't around at that time, all things NICU was new to him with Nathan) ...  and we started right away.  I think Noah was about a 5 or 6 days old when we started Kangaroo Care with him, and Nathan was 2 to 3 days old....




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Annissa this is Karen lange, Shayna's mom.
Congratulations on Noah's turning 18. Shayna is to and going off to college in august. I had to step away from my foundation about ten years ago when I was diagnosed with central nervous system lupus. That killed me and for a long time I couldn't find a candidate to replace me so doc16 was stagnant until the past few years. Now we have over 100mt16 families, including yours, that we broke away from any other chrom16 disorders and just focus solely on mt16. Noticed no recent updates on Noah. Sounds like something happened that caused u to break away. Your blog is amazing but please consider sending an update to us. All pregnant or moms of young kids beg for more information on longterm kids like Shayna and Noah. Sad to say that in 16 years nothing has changed. Drs still tell pregnant moms the same crap they told us. Makes me sick. So a lot of pregnant moms would have terminated if not for doc16 so they cling to the overwhelming positive stories we post. I'm getting to tired to keep writing, but again, you go Noah!

Unknown said...

PS. If I offended you in any way while I was around, I apologize. Looking at your blog again made me realize we need you to help in so many ways and would love for you to take on a leadership role. Your creativity for one, is amazing. But I bet with you on board we can finally get doctors to stop providing complete bullshit info about mt16.