Sunday, May 20, 2012

Corey's Day on the Farm ~ 2012 (part 5)

.
PETTING FARM AREA 

There was a sheep there, we'll name her Lolly - just cuz I can.  Lolly was such a funny sheep.  I mean, besides really needing her wool cut .... she was such an attention seeking big girl.  (I was going to say the W word but.....and I can't call her "little" because she's a tall sheep) ...  anyway ... The second anyone would come up to her little area, she'd be at the front nudging them for attention - pet me pet me pet me ......ohhhhh yeah ...  and when no one was around, she'd be in the back corner eating her hay.  LOL.... but the second she'd realize someone was at her gate again - she'd be heading right for them!

Then there was Bessy the cow (yes, I am giving the animals names) ...she was actually a calf.  She was cute - not attention seeking like the sheep though. 
There were piggies - three of them to be exact .... Well name them ... Big... Bad... and Wolf, Wolf is the one spots on it's butt.....  ha ha ha
I got some not so flattering photos of them, so we'll stick with these... .

Here Goats ..... here Goats....

There were some rabbits and a black fuzzy chicken...


And there were the chickens...... and my chicken whisperer ....
 The kids all watched the chickens for awhile....
 ...... but Nathan lingered - he liked the chickens, a lot
 Here are the chickens.. there were tree... Whitey, Blacky and Rose...   that's right - I named them AGAIN!
Rose had attitude!  What a diva!

Then there was this little pen and it didn't look like it had anything in it until I noticed the ...... DUCKIES!!!!!!!!  I <3 the Duckies ....
 They got a little upset with me when I tried to get a little closer with my camera ...
 So I backed off and they calmed down .... 

There were some (what I *think* were) Quail....

Noah got bored at one point and went and sat on the bleachers by Daddy ....  I took this picture of him as one of the tractors was going by - looks like he's sitting on the wheel... LOL...
 Then he was watching it go passed ...
Nathan on those same bleachers... .

If you've missed the past installments of our Corey's Day on the Farm series ... check out the beginning of our day!
Corey's Day on the Farm ~ 2012 (part 1) ..... What Corey's Day on the Farm is, remembering going last year, and arriving this year!
Corey's Day on the Farm ~ 2012 (part 2) ... First Horsey ride of the day ....
 Corey's Day on the Farm ~ 2012 (part 3) .... Second Horsey ride of the day .....
 Corey's Day on the Farm ~ 2012 (part 4) ....  Hay/Tractor Riding ....

And the rest of our day

Corey's Day on the Farm ~ 2012 (part 7) ...  Ropin’ Fun ... 
Corey's Day on the Farm ~ 2012 (part 8) ... Horsey Rides 3 thru 6 ...

No comments: