Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Goodbye Sweet Kayleigh...


I am going to work on catching up on Nathan's Daily today, but not right now. I'm sure you all expect this to be about him, but it's not. I have so much to get done today...

But I can't right now, all I can do is hold Nathan and cry, thankful for what I am holding. I will be sure to give Noah many extra special hugs today.

I got on this morning, and I was talking to a friend of mine, she said "I'm so sad right now, my friend follows this woman's blog and this little baby died today - IUGR, Preeclampsia" and I went "OMG NOT KAYLEIGH" .. and I switched over to my blog, clicked on their link... and sure enough... the most recent post...

5/11/09 - Goodbye Sweetheart , for now ...

Everything else seems so trivial right now. They lost their little girl. I can't believe it. It hurts my heart in so many ways, because I understand, I've been there - my outcome was different, I got to bring not one but two NICU babies home. Our outcome could have been so much different though. Why couldn't they take her home? She was in the hospital for almost a year and wasn't home once. They were just talking about how they might be going home soon, as soon as she got off this medication, and that dream was shattered. I'm sure they feel peace somewhere under the utter heart breaking grief. They never lost hope, they never gave up.

Please say an extra prayer, positive thoughts/energy their way today, and for the rest of this week. Their journey isn't over with her yet. They still have to say that final goodbye. That .. is going to be the roughest.

This is the note I left their family this morning... (photo copied from their blog)

Aimee, Adam, Allyson & Brandon - my heart aches for all of you this morning as I read the news with tears streaming down my face. I just wanted to say that Kayleigh will never be gone, she will live on forever in a lot of people all over the world. She was and will continue to be an inspiration, and her spirit felt by many. There is nothing I can say to truly comfort in this time. We will all hug our children and think of you all, and of Kayleigh, we'll say special prayers, and our hearts will all be reaching out for you. The journey isn't over. There is an extra special angel in heaven today.

I am still crying... I can relate so much that it breaks my heart. She had been in the hospital for almost a year, born June 23rd. She would have been a year old next month.

Remember - her family is to be featured tomorrow on THE DOCTORS .... I'm sure they will pay a tribute to her, now.

I texted Dennis and told him, we've both been following the story. He even said he'd probably cry tomorrow watching the show, and that was before. Now... it's not even a probably. I couldn't call him, I didn't want him to misunderstand me, and I haven't stopped shedding tears. Again, I can relate - SO MUCH.

I will be sure to hug/hold Noah & Nathan extra hard today ... thankful for what I can touch, smell, love and watch grow.

This isn't about me, it's about Aimee and Adam, their family, Kayleigh. PLEASE go visit their blog (click on Kayleigh's button) .. please share in Kayleigh's inspiration. Be sure to have tissues.

There is an extra special angel in heaven...


2 comments:

shelley said...

hi annissa,
i'm still feeling so bad about this! sooo sad! but maybe i can cheer you up for a bit and bestow you with an award, stop by my blog to pick it up. keep smiling! and hug your sweet children.
shelley
http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com/

The Leaves of Tarkong said...

your blog completely breaks my heart... but i admit i admire you so much for your strength. God will take care of you and your family...